2019年11月16日土曜日

VJEP, VIETNAM – JAPAN EXCHANGE PROGRAM 2019 PERSONAL REPORT (7) Reporter: Nguyễn Thị Thùy Dung (Julia) (University of Economics, HCMC)


VIETNAM – JAPAN EXCHANGE PROGRAM 2019
PERSONAL REPORT
     
Reporter: Nguyễn Thị Thùy Dung (Julia)
Ho Chi Minh City, 23rd September 2019

THANK YOU FOR BEING AN AMAZING PART OF MY 2019
                                                                               DUNG | 23.09.19                                                

CHAPTER ONE: APPLICATION

I still remember a day I first knew about VJEP. I just randomly saw your post on my university page. My first expression was “This is such a cool program” I started to do more research about the program. I think the reason I choose to join is that I never join an exchange program with Japanese before and I was really interested in the national park in Binh Phuoc. Eventually, I became the VJEP 2019 delegate (although I still wonder why I was chosen because other delegates are so excellent).

CHAPTER TWO: THE PREPARATION PART

To be honest, I was quite struggling during this time. I had to be in charge of the drama part which I hate the theater drama a lot because the actors always have to overreact to everything. The hateful feeling procrastinated me to finish my task! However, I finally had my idea for drama after reading a lot of scripts. And I started to look at drama with a different view. I actually enjoyed and loved to write another script and develop another idea. Of course, the most important thing to make my drama succeeded was the support of all Vietnamese delegates. Everybody was so supportive and positive. They helped me to finish my drama part, add more with their own ideas and made it perfect.
That moment I felt I’m now being a part of a family. I love you guys so much.

CHAPTER THREE: HELLO FRIENDS

Time passed, and we are now officially joining the program. I first met my buddy, gorgeous Aika. In my impression, the Japanese are strict, workaholic, rule-makers, not enjoying the fun and stress of working all the time. And I never wanted to live in Japan because the suicide rate was so high. Maybe I was affected so badly by social media. So, when I met the Japanese delegates, I was totally shocked. They were always happy all the time especially my buddy. They were living their best life and they smiled all the time which influenced me and made me feel so comfortable. I really loved the Japanese vibe and it changed all my points of view about Japan.
PAGE 1
The first 4 days of HCM was so good. We played, we performed, we ate, and we discussed together. There were lots of activities to took part in. We have team building activity which required us to work more with each other to win the. The cooking session allowed us to know more about the everyday lifestyle in each other country. I was not so good at cooking, so I was just an active assistant. Next day, we met the guest speaker from Eco Vietnam group which helped me to learn that there were some people trying to make a better impact on our life. 

CHAPTER FOUR: FINAL DAYS, FINAL THOUGHTS

Head back to HCM city, we have another city tour and prepared more for our outcome presentation. The city tour was simple but fun, we walked around the center of HCM, visited tourist attractions like HCMC Notre Dame Cathedral, HCM post office, the turtle lake, and art museum. Hopefully, everyone had a great time learning about HCM.
All the activities are so well organized and so much fun. I personally love a party with the border guard a little more. Actually, Vietnamese and Japanese also had some problems which are the language barrier, cultural misunderstanding and some delegates were sick. However, we were openminded and accepting each other to enjoy our times together. The farewell party was sad because the distance was too far, and everyone was busy with their lives. BUT I wish the best will come for you guys. 
Thank you!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿