2021年10月11日月曜日

Reflection on the AAEE Indonesia-Japan, SDGs Youth Exchange 2021 -Learn! Challenge! Break! The Status Quo (2) Abraham Sachio Richard Budiono (Bina Nusantara University) AAEE インドネシア―日本国際交流プログラム2021 報告書(2)アブラハム サチオ リチャード ブディオノ(BINUS大学)

    Profit – a word that most business students will think of before making any decisions. As business students, we really think carefully on every step and choice that we face; we want the choices that we make don’t bring disadvantage for us, but profit. However, the beautiful thing about profit is, in some cases, we cannot see the profit of our decision within our sight. For instance: when businessmen are buying stocks in the stock market, some businessmen don’t know whether the price of the stock will go up or not. If, in this case, the price of the stock increases, then the businessmen gain profit. From all of this story, we can understand that in some cases people cannot see the profit of their decision within their sight.

     I believe this story goes the same with my experience at AAEE Indonesia – Japan Student Exchange. At first glance, I honestly think that participating in a program that mainly talks about reducing inequality may sound unprofitable for me, because the topic sounds more on caring for other people rather than me individually. However, as time went by, I kept on thinking, “What is the purpose of my existence on earth?” And this understanding came to my mind: As a human, mostly we are going to live on earth for an average of 70 – 90 years, and after that, we will die. Some people have their own beliefs about where they will go after they die, but that’s not the topic that I wanted to talk about. Like most people, I believe that we all are mortal beings and we live temporarily on earth. So, I asked myself, if I am going to live temporarily on earth, what should I do? What would make me happy? I mean, we all understand that we can’t bring our wealth and fame to the grave. From this understanding, I really understand now that my purpose being on earth is to be a blessing for others, because this object is able to last after I die. So, what do I mean by being a blessing for other people? Being a blessing for other people means loving other people like yourself. As humans, we have the job to love, care, and help other people like ourselves. I believe that should be one of the ultimate purposes of all human beings. 

     In this AAEE Student Exchange Program, I have learned a lot of knowledge and applications that are able to help me achieve that purpose. Although I may not see it as a profit before entering the program, I am really grateful that I made the decision to pursue this program. This whole experience has been a blessing for my life and as the previous story has mentioned, in hindsight, I see that joining this program is a profit for me. Maybe you as a reader are wondering, what kind of things are being taught at this program that can help me pursue that purpose in life? Well, these are a little list about it: Model UN and English Debate. These 2 things I believe are the most crucial component of AAEE Indonesia – Japan Exchange, as we participants are encouraged to truly use our knowledge and apply it. So, we do not just get a theory about reducing inequality, however, we are also encouraged to use our critical thinking and creativity to offer new ideas on how to reduce inequality. 

     Therefore, from all the experience that I got in this AAEE program, I am really grateful that I made the choice to participate in the program, because it turns out to be very profitable for me and helps me to achieve one of my ultimate purposes as a human being on earth. 

             (This photo is a little experience of me eating tamago in Japan:) 


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿