2021年9月18日土曜日

Reflection on the BJEP 2021 (Bangladesh-Japan Exchange Project)(10) Subah Basharat Mujtabah (3rd-year, BRAC University)   バングラデシュー日本国際交流プロジェクト(2021年8月開催)報告書(10)スバ バシャラット(BRAC University 3年)

 Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference.”- quoted Jane Goodall.”

Thank you to the program because I understood the meaning of deep culture which led me to rediscover that I am taking over the footsteps of my mother values, individuality, and quality in me is culture depth. This helped me to be who I’m today. It created the stepping stone for me to develop as a person and develop as a person to strive for something better on the horizon.

Before knowingly participating in this program associated with and organized by AAEE, I was just a person engaged with academics and some regular curriculum activities. But this program changed my points of view and in addition to that, I got to learn about cultural diversity, individuality, differences in personal individuality due to cultural backgrounds, and so on.

The theme “Deep Culture” remains an extremely controversial and interesting topic. I am a biology background student who never thought of these topics and this let me in broadening my thoughts and views which indeed lead me to think more widely of cultural differences.

This program is an online program that is divided into program sessions and the main program session. During the pre-program, we got to change information about the surface culture of Bangladesh and Japan and after that, in the main session, we went more deeply about the culture.

So when the pre-program was going on, I got to know about Japanese surface cultures like their language, clothes, festivals, and common snacks. We all did the sessions and shared our cultural clothes. Further, we had a food session too which was so fun and interactive and led me to know more delicious food about japan. Yeah!! I'm a foodie!!

And during the main session, we exchanged our day-to-day lifestyles in Bangladesh and Japan from where I got to know that their means of daily transport is train, whereas in Bangladesh is bus and rickshaws, and further shared the road safety system which is lacking in our country where in their country is really safe. Frankly, the more interesting point while exchanging, I got to know that even parents in Japan want their children to do Government jobs as Bangladeshi parents do. Further, the concept of the elders in the case of male-females dominance, having jobs, getting married, education gaps is similar to Bangladeshi elders but in a different way and touted or brought up or making a mindset in a different way

Furthermore, I got to learn how to introduce myself in Japanese during the language and literature arts session day during the main program. Further got to know about their calligraphy background too. So, to add more I learned how to do formal greetings and where to speak formally and not speak or share words or direct opinions. Further learned the greetings between patterns too and how to apologies for my mistake of communication or any sort of mistakes.

This program led me to know the differences in individual values, norms, rituals, cultural practices, and so on.

In attendance there were Japanese participants, while I used the word beautiful or some direct comments or praising to them it was culturally shocking but to us, it is not. Furthermore, they are really observing, careful of choosing words, and communicating in such a way by reading a person. Moreover, I got to know that the education system is way different than ours and further the part-time job in case of the students.

Therefore, what I've learned is that Culture can either make or break us, it is up to us whether we learn from the good aspects of it and stand up against what brings us down. And those small breakout room sessions lead me to share my thoughts and views in an astonishing way where I discover my mistakes in communications and also many more.

Even after signing this program, I was overthinking whether I will be capable of blending with others to express myself properly. When the session started the atmosphere boosted my confidence up in sharing my thoughts and views with the other participants as for making the atmosphere friendly and comfortable.

So, I would highly recommend every student to participate and learn the unknown topics to broaden our thoughts, communication, and our limited pieces of knowledge.





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿